A Forklift is a needed vehicle in every company, especially in warehouses, groceries, and perhaps any type of company or store that needs a vehicle that can lift heavy stocks from one place to another. Because of the task, businesses should make sure that they obtain the best one, to make sure that it will be able to perform well, and never damage the goods, which can cause huge loss in a company as well.
When you check out the market for forklifts and Forklift Parts, you will see that there are basically two types of it, that you will have to choose from. They are:
- OEM or also known as the Original Equipment Manufacturer type
- Aftermarket type
Obviously, the OEM forklifts and Forklift Parts are more expensive than the aftermarket type. OEM Forklift Parts and the actual forklifts are manufactured by some of the biggest names in the automobile industry like:
OEM Forklift Parts are more expensive because all of which are sourced in countries like Japan and the USA, where quality standards is set at the highest. Nonetheless, the OEM Forklift Parts are not all the time beneficial, which is why some opts to use it, and turn to the aftermarket types. To give you a quick view of what to expect from the advantages and disadvantages of it, please see the details below:
Advantages Of The OEM Forklift Parts
- The fit, sizes, and other details of the OEM Forklift Parts is identical to what you had in your actual forklift
- It comes with a warranty from the manufacturer
- OEM parts have the same price, regardless of what store you want to buy it from. Therefore, there is no need for shopping and looking around for the best deals
Disadvantages Of The OEM Forklift Parts
- The price of the OEM parts are more expensive (up to 60% on top of the total price of aftermarket types)
- The quality of the OEM parts is not ALL THE TIME superior. Meaning, without enough experience, you can never tell if what you are buying is better than the aftermarket type.
- Since the OEM parts are only available from dealers and manufacturers listed above, you will have to drive all the way to their shop just to get the Forklift Parts that you need. The availability is something you will never have problems with, when it comes to the aftermarket types, since they are very much available everywhere.
These are the different facts that you have to know about the advantages and disadvantages of the OEM Forklift Parts. To better guide you, you need to be familiar with the different parts of your forklift, as well as the available aftermarket parts within your area. This will give you an idea of the quality of the parts, and help you make a better buying decision, if you need to replace some parts for your forklift.
- License: Creative Commons image source
Alan is an expert in the automotive niche and also has a degree in engineering, He shares his wealth of knowledge online.