If you are a pet owner, you are provided with the complete responsibility to take care of the loved one. That’s why you will need to pay special attention to animal vaccinations.
Animal vaccinations are extremely important to ensure the overall health and wellbeing of your pet. Therefore, you must include vaccinations as a part of the preventative healthcare program. Then you will be in a position to provide the best possible treatments to your pet as well. On the other hand, you will be able to keep your pet healthy and away from a variety of illnesses.
Below mentioned are some of the prominent reasons, which convince the importance of animal vaccinations.
Vaccinations are capable of protecting your pet against preventable diseases
Your pet is vulnerable to a large number of preventable diseases. If you want to make sure that your pet doesn’t get these diseases, you need to go ahead and provide vaccinations needed by it. The dogs can cat can be infected with a variety of health conditions. They include:
- Distemper – Distemper is a frustrating health condition, which can affect any unvaccinated dog. It can lead your dog towards a variety of horrible symptoms, which include diarrhea, spasms, and vomiting. In addition, distemper has the ability to trigger progressive paralysis. It can also cause permanent damage to the brain of the dog, which can result in death.
- Infectious hepatitis – Infectious hepatitis can be considered as one of the most contagious diseases that your pet can get. This health condition can trigger symptoms such as abdominal pain, tonsillitis, diarrhea, and loss of appetite. Moreover, the dog can get depression and fever as well.
- Parvovirus – Parvovirus can also is considered as one of the most contagious diseases that the dog can get. It is more prominent in the young ups. Parvovirus is attacking the gastrointestinal tract of your pet. Hence, your pup will be diagnosed with contaminated feces. Vaccination is the best method available for you to keep your dog away from this health condition.
- Canine cough – Canine cough is identified as one of the easily contracted health conditions. Dogs who prefer to socialize have a high possibility of getting this health condition. Cough is the main symptom associated with this illness. However, it would often finish with gagging. It can deliver a painful experience to your pet.
- Cat flu – If you have a cat, cat flu is the most common health condition that it will be diagnosed with. Cat flu is pretty much similar to human flu. It is easily contracted. The symptoms associated with cat flu may include loss of appetite, fever, conjunctivitis, nasal discharge and sneezing. Cat flu can be fatal for your pet. Therefore, you should never ignore it.
- Feline enteritis – Feline enteritis is a health condition that your cat can get and it is pretty much similar to Parvovirus. When your cat is diagnosed with feline enteritis, it can experience bloody diarrhea and severe vomiting. This is one of the biggest contributors behind the death of cats out there in the world.
- Feline AIDS – Feline AIDS is a health condition that is contracted via the saliva of a cat. It can easily get transmitted via the wounds of cats, especially after a fight.
If you have vaccinated your pet, it is possible to provide enhanced protection to it against all above-mentioned health conditions. You don’t need to do anything else to provide the protection needed by your pet to stay away from these frustrating health conditions. All you have to do is to go ahead and vaccinate your pet.
Vaccinations are less expensive when compared to treatments
When your pet becomes ill, you take him to the pet. This will cost you a considerable amount of money unless you have pet insurance. Even if you have pet insurance, you must be spending a lot of money to pay the premiums of it.
But if you can vaccinate your pet in a timely manner, you will be able to provide enhanced protection to it against all above-mentioned health conditions. It is true that you will need to spend money out of your pocket to vaccinate the pet. However, the amount you spend on it is totally worth when compared to the amount that you have to spend on the treatments. Due to this reason, all pet owners are encouraged to get the vaccinations needed by the pet in a timely manner.
You can allow the pet to play around
If your pet is not vaccinated, you must think twice before you let him out to play. That’s because there is a high possibility for the pet to be diagnosed with transmissible diseases. You never want your pet to get diagnosed with such an illness. If you come across such an experience, you will never let your pet to go out and play as well. This is not good for the pet in the long run.
That’s where you must think about getting your pet vaccinated. The vaccinations are in a position to provide an enhanced level of protection to the pet against all sorts of transmissible diseases. The diseases that your pet is vulnerable to in both local community and boarding facilities can be eliminated in an efficient manner. Therefore, you will be able to keep a peace of mind while your pet is playing around.
This animal vaccination article was brought to you by http://www.thepetpractice.com.au . The Pet Practice is an Australian based Veterinary services company based St James, WA, South Perth.
These are some of the most prominent reasons available for you to get animal vaccinations for the loved companion. It is up to you to discuss with your vet and go for these vaccinations. Then you will be able to keep a peace of mind and stay away from a lot of hassle.