How To Keep Diamonds From Falling Out Of Your Jewellery
Are you sick of having diamonds fall out of your watches, bracelets or rings? Are you frustrated because you can never wear your jewellery as it is always in the shop getting fixed or has a diamond missing? Sometimes if a diamond falls out of your jewellery, you might not notice until later and you will have no idea even where to look for the precious gem. You don’t want to lose your beautiful diamonds, so it is important to do your best to prevent them from falling out of your jewellery.
There are a few things that you can do to reduce the risk of diamonds falling out of your jewellery. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Take off any diamond jewellery when you are doing anything active, such as playing sports, hiking, swimming, or anything else. If you hit your hand against something during these activities, you might loosen the diamonds.
- Choose the right setting to begin with. Select a diamond setting in which the diamonds are deeply embedded within the jewellery. A bezel setting is a good example of one of the most secure settings. Also, choosing a high quality piece of jewellery made with a strong and durable metal will make the stone more secure.
- Inspect your jewellery carefully and often. Whenever you take it off at the end of the day, check all of the diamonds within it. If they start to look loose, you can have then tightened before it gets too late and they fall out.
- If you find a loose stone in your jewellery, don’t wear it until you get the chance to have it tightened or you run the risk of having it fall out without you noticing and become lost forever.
- Never wear diamond jewellery when you are gardening or doing household chores, as you might scratch the setting and damage the prongs which will make the diamonds more likely to fall out.
- Bring the diamond jewellery to a dealer every now and then to have the settings tightened and have the jewellery checked for wear. This should be done every six months or so, or whenever you take your ring in for a cleaning.
- Be extra careful on very hot days, as heat causes metal to expand and this might push the diamond out of its place.
Losing your precious diamonds would be tragic, so take care to avoid this happening by following these tips for proper care of your diamond jewellery.
Julie Hem shares her interest in diamond jewellery, writing on behalf of www.nigelohara.com
Our Sponsors:It's Easy To Get A Personal Loan
Ecommerce Web Hosting
GetResponse Email Marketing. Trusted by 160,000 Customers in 172 Countries. Get Started Today!
eVoice 30 day free trial
Click here for Free Shipping with Carrot Ink today! Code is automatic.
Unlimited Web Hosting Only $6.95 per Month!
Coupon Code: 50OFFSHARED - Unlimited Shared Hosting 50% OFF! - FREE Domain Included!