Breakfast is the most important meal, but making and serving it occurs during what may be the busiest time of day. People rush to get ready for work or school, and it’s often a time when it’s easier to cut corners in the kitchen than to prepare for the day ahead.
These top five tools can make it easy to prepare a delicious and nutritious meal in minutes:
1. Coffee maker. Most people start their day with a fresh cup of coffee, so a programmable automatic coffee maker helps get that brew going. A Krups coffee maker water filter improves the taste of it, since it removes the chlorine, calcium and odors. Coffee is only as good as the water it is brewed in, and using this filter will improve taste.
2. Nonstick pan. Eggs are a healthy, protein-rich way to start the day. Whether they’re scrambled, fried, poached or turned into an omelet, a nonstick pan makes cleanup fast. Potatoes are another healthy way to start the day, and frying hash browns or potatoes in nonstick pans lowers the fat content, while speeding up the cleanup.
3. Waffle maker. When made with whole-grain flour or ground oatmeal, waffles are a healthy and delicious way to energize your morning, especially when topped with fresh berries. A nonstick waffle maker simplifies the process. The heating elements in the top and bottom assure uniform cooking and crisping, and the nonstick coating makes removing the waffle and cleaning up afterwards simple.
4. High speed blenders. A high speed blender makes healthy smoothies in seconds that can include as many healthy fruits and vegetables as the container and taste buds allow. These appliances are capable of grinding the hardest grains, nuts and seeds for people who like to bake their own bread, pancakes, waffles or muffins and have the freshest, chemical-free nut spreads for breakfast. Cleaning these blenders is a snap by adding a bit of hot water, some dishwashing soap, replacing the blender on the base and turning it on for a few seconds.
5. Toaster ovens. Instead of waiting for a large oven to heat, some people find that a toaster oven works well for baking coffee cakes, warming breakfast bread or making baked eggs. A toaster oven uses a fraction of the electricity that an oven does, heats fastly, and is easily cleaned. Choosing a toaster oven with a nonstick pan simplifies the cleaning process. Finding a toaster oven that accepts smaller, standard-sized pans makes the appliance more versatile.
Joan Price is a foodie and mom. Follow her on Twitter @JoanniePrice.