Fibromyalgia is a syndrome that includes long-lasting, body-wide muscle pain and connective tissue.
This characteristic pain can be accompanied by fatigue, headaches and difficulty with sleep, anxiety and depression. Women in the age group of 20 to 50 are most likely to suffer from fibromyalgia.
Some possible causes: allergy chemicals and foodstuffs, viruses, hormonal, poor digestion, candidiasis, spine abnormalities, stress or neurotransmitter deficiency.
The best place to start to improve symptoms is to start eating specific anti-inflammatory foods for fibromyalgia with fibromyalgia diet.
The Fibromyalgia Diet
The fibromyalgia diet consists mainly of eating fruit, vegetables, nuts, sprouted seeds and organic wild meat. Here are the top foods for fibromyalgia treatment naturally.
- Green leafy vegetables – contain essential minerals such as magnesium, for optimal health and well-being.
- Clean lean protein – helps muscles and tissues retain energy and proper functioning.
- Fermented foods and cultured dairy – probiotic foods such as yogurt, kefir or sauerkraut help prevent candidiasis, a cause of fibromyalgia.
- Omega-3 fats – help reduce inflammation and can reduce pain associated with fibromyalgia.
- Antioxidants such as vitamins A, C, E – fruits, vegetables and herbs are powerful sources against this disease.
- Gluten – can lead to autoimmune problems, is pro-inflammatory and can make fibromyalgia worse.
- Every potential food allergen – try to determine for which food you are allergic and eliminate that from your diet. An elimination diet is a very effective way to determine food intolerance.
- Common allergens: gluten, shellfish, dairy, and peanuts.
- Sugar – increases pain and inflammation.
- Processed foods or foods with additives – these foods contain chemicals that will make your condition worse.
- Too much alcohol and caffeine – can lead to a lack of minerals and dehydration.
- Changing daily habits can improve fibromyalgia symptoms.
- Reduce stress.
- Think of physical exercise and chiropractic care that help to reduce muscle tone.
Many people with fibromyalgia have gone through emotional trauma and counseling can greatly improve recovery. Relaxing activities can increase healing.