Many people these days run a small business right out of their home. It cuts down on overhead expenses when they don’t have to rent an office, plus it’s also a lot more convenient to be able to work from home. All they need is a good website that people can find and they’re good to go. They can then get help from professional SEO services who can make sure that their website can be found by their target audience.
Of course, there is the temptation to save a little bit of money by going DIY. The problem is that this isn’t really a good idea when you think about it. First you have to spend a lot of time doing research on what you have to do to for your website SEO. That will take a long time, as there are lots of research articles to cover. Then you have to spend more days implementing the SEO tricks and techniques. After all that, you’re still not sure if you’re doing it right.
So go with the pros. If you’re not yet convinced, consider the following reasons:
- It’s quite affordable. Perhaps it’s the additional cost that’s discouraging you from getting professional help with your SEO. However, these pros aren’t just for big businesses. They can offer their services that can match the scope of your budget. Besides, it saves you a lot of time and effort, and that alone makes it worthwhile. You can then focus your attention to business matters that you’re actually more familiar with.
- The ROI is tremendous.Every dollar you spend on proper SEO services gives you many more dollars in return. The logic is quite simple: SEO means you get more visitors to your website, and therefore you have more potential customers. So even if only 10% of your visitors end up buying your goods and services, you make more money if your 100 website visitors a day (10 paying customers) turn into 1,000 visitors a day (100 paying customers).
- You get a leg up on your competition.Some of your competitors may already be using SEO actively, as stats reveal that 17% of small businesses invest in SEO. This means that you can overtake established competitors in your area simply by investing in SEO for your business.
- With SEO, your brand gains a better reputation.There was a time when suddenly people decided that a business is reputable only if it had a website. If you didn’t have a site, then your business wasn’t real or perhaps it was a bit shady. Today, the general thinking is that you have a good business if Google recognizes your website by putting it in the first page of search results.
- SEO can help you get on that first page of results.This may take some time, but you can get there. The reason why this is so important is that most people (about 90%) don’t bother going to the second page of results. They have enough choices with the 10 or so results in the first page.
- SEO pros can help your site get found by potential customers.Many people these days aren’t going online just to satisfy their idle curiosity. Instead, they’re doing research before making a buy or going to a shop. So you need to get these people (especially mobile users) to find your site so they can find out more about your business.
Basically, having a website is like having a bunch of pamphlets printed to promote your business. By getting help from pro SEO services, it’s like having people distribute your pamphlets in areas where your potential customers hang out. Without these pros, it’s like you’re forced to distribute those pamphlets yourself, most probably among people who don’t care about what you have to offer.