The fashion industry thrives on the demands of its customers for innovative and affordable designs and there are many women who enjoy keeping up to date with the latest. Costume jewellery that came into existence as a cheap alternative to precious jewellery for different costumes that were used in stage shows and later on in movies has gained popularity over the years with women who constantly seek all things new. They are made from synthetic materials and hence are very affordable when compared to precious jewellery.
Beautifully crafted pieces of costume jewellery
This kind of jewellery is no longer considered cheap imitation and is widely accepted for daily use. There are several designs to go with clothes for different occasions and for different age groups and trends. It has so many different varieties in different price range and is very convenient for daily use. They are made from all things artificial crafted to look like precious one, and they look perfect when teamed with the right kind of clothes. Glass stones are used in place of precious stones and metals like tin and brass to mimic precious metals. Skilled designers craft the designs these days and the finish of the final products is exemplary. Many branded designer stores have their line of costume jewellery these days to cater to the demands of their customers.
What are the choices and where to buy them?
Costume jewellery is available in almost all places, stores in malls and even in high street shops. These are mass produced pieces with different designs
- Trinkets for children and pre teens that are based on popular characters with a lot of option to cater to their styles with enough safety precautions. The materials used for this range are child friendly.
- Never ending list of designs for women that include bangles, broaches, bracelets, anklets, rings, chains and necklaces. There are some intricate designs that mimic Victorian designs and are highly sought after since they are very affordable.
- A lot of bling jewellery for the youngsters to mix and match with different clothes and put together a signature style statement.
- Plenty of options in punk jewellery with a lot of skull head rings and pendants with chunky chains and bracelets along with some rings and studs for body piercing.
- Cufflinks, tiepins, belt buckles etc for men to use both for formal and casual occasions.
With so many different kinds of designs that are so affordable, costume jewellery is very popular over a broad spectrum of customers. The materials used in manufacturing these pieces are also of good quality and the designs are suitable to withstand wear and tear.
James is a writer and blogger with 5 years experience.