Everybody has a dream to live somewhere that will ultimately make them happy and keep them settled for a long period of time. Even if you travel for a living, it’s always nice to have one area which you can call home. A top choice as a moving destination for many people is New York City.
You have probably heard stories about the 18 year old girls failing to survive in the big city and that is for good reason. It is vital to learn the benefits of an area before you embark upon your journey to start a new life. New York City is full of noise, bursting with energy and waiting to be grasped by individuals who can understand the back bone of the history and how to enjoy living in it.
There is no other place in the world as exciting as The Big Apple. We hope that our list of reasons why will help you understand whether it’s the best place for you or not.
- Diverse Community. Are you seeking a place to live which offers a vast array of culture and diversity in race, languages, and backgrounds? If your answer is yes, then New York City is one of the best places to find this. There are hundreds of boroughs, many of which are separated with unique people who have gathered together from all over the world in order to share in the same dream. They all want the chance to learn from each other and to use the information to grow spiritually and to connect with the world around them.
- The Heart of Art. Whether it be theater, live television, painting, or any other type of art; New York City really does have it all. In the heart of Times Square, you can find many options for performance art and television production opportunities. New York City also offers up many highly acclaimed art and history museums. This is why 100’s of people move here every year to pursue careers in the arts.
- No Car Insurance? That’s right; you don’t need a car, which means you don’t need car insurance. Imagine the luxury of not having to fill up your gas tank every week? Public transportation is widely available in New York City. You can ride the train, the city bus, the underground subway system, or even hail a taxi. The city has some of the most convenient options for making your way around without having to burn up your fuel tank.
- Bye-Bye to Blasé! If you are tired of sitting at home, staring at re-runs of sitcoms, and shoving your face full of fast food; then it’s time to move to New York City. The amount of venues which stay open late will baffle you. Unlike many large cities which shut everything down at 2 am, NYC has shops and clubs which stay open until sunrise. This will guarantee that no matter what type of hours you enjoy going out, there will always be something to keep you entertained.
Now that you know why New York City is a great place to live, go and check it out for yourself! You won’t be disappointed!
- License: Royalty Free or iStock source: http://officeimg.vo.msecnd.net/en-us/images/MH900399713.jpg
This article was written by Amber Carlisle, a leading realtor and expert in the New York City lifestyle. To find a great apartment in New York City, check these guys out here.