If you are looking for a home improvement project that will not only improve your way of living but also improve the value of your home, look no further than the bathroom. If your home is aging, you likely need to make some changes. However, be aware that some items are pricier than others. You will want to look at your overall budget to decide whether you want to make a few individual changes or if you need a complete new bathroom installation St Louis Mo.
Major Items That Might Need Fixing
Making a list of the different items that could be replaced or repaired individually can help you as you determine your needs and your costs. Here are some of the most common items to consider:
- If the plumbing itself is struggling, you’ll want to be sure to have a plumber you trust check out your system and make recommendations.
- Vanity and cabinets. Older homes often have Formica countertops, and those can stain and begin to pull up over time. If this is the only area you need to fix, you may consider going with granite. However, if it is just part of the project, you may want to consider something less expensive, such as a composite.
- If you have faulty wiring, you will need an electrician to come determine what’s going on. If you just want to replace the light fixture or the light switch covers, you can do those things on the cheap.
- Be sure to arrange for or have your contractor arrange for any necessary permits.
Minor Things You Can Easily Take Care Of
- This is not super expensive but getting a new toilet that is eco-friendly or that flushes harder can eliminate the frustration of frequent plunging.
- If your tile is broken or damaged, you may need to replace it. If you have an older home that has carpet in the bathroom, you may want to seriously consider replacing the flooring to help eliminate the possibility of mold or mildew growing unseen.
- Bathtub and shower. Depending on your setup, you might be able to replace your bathtub and shower separately from each other, or you might have an all-in-one. This will determine the cost. Perhaps all you need to do is replace the shower door and the spray head.
No matter where you start, nothing perks up a home like a new bathroom. Going with colors you like and a classic style will help you enjoy your space for many years to come.