Timeshares is not something new but they are getting more popular every year due to their many advantages. When you invest in timeshare property, you become part owner of that property and share it with one or more partners. You don’t actually own the property but instead you own the right to spend time at the location each year. The specific number of weeks that you own and when you own them will be determined when you make the purchase.
The property is usually located in popular vacation spots near major attractions and resorts because they are used as a vacation home and not a permanent residence. Owners will have a specific time of the year that they can use the timeshare property, so all owners have access to it during the time they want to take their vacations.
Most timeshare properties are condominiums but they can also be a townhouse or some other type of structure. Timeshare properties come in all sizes from the one bedroom to several bedrooms. Most have full kitchens with separate dining rooms, appliances and some even have Jacuzzis, hot tubs, fitness centers, tennis courts and a pool area.
In addition to all of the amenities you get, here are some of the reasons why investing in timeshare property is a good idea:
- When you’re ready to take your yearly vacation, you already know exactly where you will stay. You don’t have to worry about booking a hotel or if they’ll even have a room available when you want to stay. Everything is already pre-arranged and ready just for you.
- Most timeshare properties are very spacious and fully decorated to create a comfortable and relaxing environment. Everything you need to enjoy your vacation is at your fingertips.
- If for some reason you do not want to take a vacation one year, you can rent out your time or allow other family members or friends use it during the weeks that you would normally stay at the property.
- Knowing where you will be staying and when you will be taking your trip will help to take a lot of the stress out of planning a vacation. This helps to make vacationing more fun and enjoyable for the whole family.
- You won’t have to pay extra for kids, other family members or friends that want to vacation with you like you would have to do if you stay in a hotel or some other rental property. This can save you a lot of money each time you take a vacation.
- Just like with any property you own, you can leave your timeshare property to your loved ones. They can continue to enjoy all the same benefits that you had.
- As inflation goes up, so does the price on everything else from food to hotel rooms. However, the price you pay for your timeshare property never changes.
When you vacation regularly, you can save money by investing in timeshare property. If you become part of the exchange program where you can “swap” properties with other timeshare owners, you can stay in different locations when you vacation. This will give you the opportunity to visit different areas, see different sights and enjoy a variety of activities.
Lisa Mason is a writer and marketer representing El Cid Timeshare Travel, your source for information on timeshare travel and more.